The Corina Higginson Trust makes general operating support and project grants to organizations based in or benefiting the greater Washington Metropolitan area. The Trust’s goals are:
- to increase opportunities for individuals for the purpose of improvement and development of their capabilities;
- to provide relief of the poor, distressed, and underprivileged;
- to promote social welfare by organizations designed to accomplish any of the above purposes or to lessen neighborhood tensions;
- to enhance opportunities for education about the arts and about the environment; and
- to eliminate prejudice and discrimination; or
- to defend civil rights secured by law.